This article leads students and new users on how to enable Network Discovery and Files sharing in Windows 11.
Windows 11 has several fantastic new features. It contains a centered Start menu, taskbar, themes, and rounded corners, making the OS more stylish and cohesive.
Windows 11 includes an improved Network Discovery feature that allows Windows computers to discover and find other devices and computers on a network. The discovery feature automatically turns on when you connect to a private network or your workplace or home.
It is off on public networks such as guest Wi-Fi and not trusted networks. Other machines don’t automatically discover your devices.
Network Discovery may disable in private networks. It will prevent other machines from being automatically discovered. The steps below will help you if that is the case.
Windows 11 is the best place to begin if you are a student or new user who wants to learn Windows. Microsoft has released Windows 11, a major version of Windows NT. Windows 11 is the inheritor of Windows 10.
Follow the given methods to enable or disable Network Discovery in Windows 11.
Enable Network Discovery in Windows 11
Network Discovery may disable if Windows devices cannot see or discover each other on the private network.
Windows 11 uses a central location to store most of its settings. All of your Windows 11 settings can be accessed from the System Settings pane, including system configurations and creating new users.
Continue below to enable Network Discovery:-
- First, press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Next, select Network & internet, click on Wi-Fi from the right panel.
Note:- If you use Ethernet, click on Ethernet. Select Private under Network profile type. This profile will enable devices within your network to discover. Choose this profile if you use file-sharing or apps that communicate over the network to get a better ethernet connection.
- Now, select your Wi-Fi network.
- After that, choose Private under Network profile type.
- When executed, exit the window & the network discovery should be enabled.
Switch on Public Folder Sharing in Windows 11
- First, type Control panel on the Search menu and hit Enter key.
- Next, select the Network and Internet from the left panel.
- After that, choose Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, click on Change advanced sharing settings.
- Next, select the Private option in the Advanced sharing center and turn on file and printer sharing.
- Lastly, click on Save changes.
- On the same Advance sharing Window, scroll down and click on All Networks.
- You will see settings for Public folder share, password-protected sharing, File connection sharing, and Media streaming. Windows will automatically enable file and printer sharing within private networks. In a few circumstances, however, it is not possible.
- File sharing may be disabled if you cannot find shared printers or resources within your private network.
- Only local computers or domain accounts have access to shared files and printers if you enable password-protected sharing.
- Finally, Save your changes, then exit.
Switch on File Sharing from Command Line
- First, type cmd on the Search menu and click on the Run as administrator.
- After that, copy and paste the command given below and hit Enter key.
netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=”Network Discovery” new enable=Yes
netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=”File and Printer Sharing” new enable=Yes
This article explains how to enable Network Discovery and File and Printer sharing in Windows 11. Please use the form below to inform any mistakes.