Microsoft Edge has been in beta testing for a long time. Microsoft finally appears ready to release it to its entire user base. Now Microsoft Edge has been bundled as the default browser in Windows 11. Every Windows user can now have a chromium-based browsing experience with Edge.
Still if you don’t want it, you can remove Microsoft Edge From Windows 11 Operating System. Follow this step-by-step guide to Permanently Remove Microsoft Edge From Windows 11 Using PowerShell.
But suppose you’re using a third-party browser. In that case, this can be a heart breaking change where it might seem challenging to Uninstall Edge from your PC. To remove Microsoft Edge from Windows 11, you can use the PowerShell commands.
How to remove Edge from Windows 11
- Open File Explorer in Windows 11 and follow the steps:
- Open C: > Program Files (x86) > Microsoft > Edge > Application > 92.0.902.78.
- Double click to open and go to “Installer” folder.
- After that, click on File tab to the left top corner.
- Select Open Windows PowerShell as administrator.
- On PowerShell, copy & paste the below command and hit Enter.
.\setup.exe -uninstall -system-level -verbose-logging -force-uninstall
- Now it will execute the command and remove Microsoft Edge from your PC.
Why remove Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft Edge is the default browser for Microsoft Windows 11. The default browser uses Microsoft Edge and the Bing engine to provide additional information. Edge will be present in nearly every browser experience that you have. If you don’t like Edge or want to replace it with something better, you can use the above steps to remove it from your PC. This might also be a reason to delete Microsoft Edge from your computer if you are using a company-issued browser that offers enhanced security.
Although Edge is Chromium-based, it does not have the same features as third-party browsers such as Opera or Google Chrome. If you face any of these issues or want to switch to another browser, it’s a smart idea to uninstall Microsoft Edge.
The article should help you uninstall Microsoft Edge. You can reach us via the comments section below if you have any questions or encounter any problems.
To know more about Microsoft Edge visit : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Edge
More from Digital Dopes:
- How to Set Command Prompt as Default in Windows Terminal
- How to Download Official Windows 11 ISO File
- Create a Windows 11 Bootable USB Drive – Step-by-step Guide