Insignia smart TV users have reported that the Remote doesn’t work very often. Many troubleshooting options can be used that include changing the batteries and power-resetting your Remote.
We will guide you on how to troubleshoot your remote and help you get it working again.
I can assure you that you have come to the right spot if you wonder why your insignia smart television remote is not working.
We will show you the best ways to turn on your Insignia TV remote to get it working again.
You will also find helpful tips and suggestions throughout the article, so be sure to read until the end.
Why is Insignia Smart TV Remote Not Working?
Remote malfunction is a basic problem that several Insignia Smart TV owners are experiencing. There are several effective ways to resolve this issue.
We will share any information we find that has been proven to work, and other users often recommend it.
A bad signal to your TV’s remote control could cause problems and old batteries.
Start by making sure that no objects are near the sensor of your Insignia Smart TV. You can also wipe the sensors to ensure that there are no dust particles.
Suppose you have tried all the troubleshooting techniques in this article but still encounter an issue. In that situation, you may need to get a new Insignia remote or a universal. You will find out more in this post.
Ways to Fix Insignia TV Remote Not Working
These are the best ways to fix your insignia TV Remote that isn’t working. Also, how to properly initialize it.
Change the Remote’s Batteries
One method is to change the batteries in your Insignia remote. Old batteries can cause interference with the signal reaching your TV. Sometimes, it can even make it unrecognizable.
It may sound simple, but it is still highly recommended by the manufacturers and the majority of the Insignia community.
Note: If you have changed batteries, but the problem persists, it is good to continue changing them regularly to prolong the Remote’s lifespan.
Power Cycle the Remote
After verifying that your batteries have not been tripped, continue with the power cycle of the Remote.
Follow the steps:
- Remove the batteries from the compartment under the Remote.
- For approximately 30 to 35 seconds, press and hold the Power Button.
- Next, you will need to press each button multiple times. Start with the power button
Once you are done, put the batteries back in the Remote.
- Check if the remote works.
- Note: You should press every button. One button can affect the entire remote functionality.
Try with A Third-Party Remote
Your remote button may be the problem. In such cases, it is a better idea to use a universal Insignia remote to interact with your Insignia Smart TV.
If the remote works, we recommend you try our troubleshooting process.
Follow the steps:
- Turn on your Insignia TV.
- Switch on any Insignia universal remote that you wish to interact with.
- After that, tap for 3 seconds on your Insignia TV button. An LED light will indicate that your device is ready for programming.
- Aim the remote to your TV, and continue clicking on the channel switches.
- The Remote will continue to show on/off signals. To turn the device off, press up/down.
- To save the code, click on the Insignia TV key. As a confirmation that the code has been saved, the LED light will blink two times.
These are the steps to follow on your Insignia universal radio remote. You will be able to use the new remote the same way as the original Insignia remote that came with your TV.
- It is well-known that Insignia TV warranties do not cover only the main product but also the components.
- If your warranty is not expired, you can always send your Insignia TV remote back to the manufacturer. They might be able to get it working again.
- If none of the above methods could solve your Insignia TV remote control, we would help you troubleshoot it by using a few technical approaches.
How to Fix Insignia TV Remote Sensor Not Working?
- Don’t make rash conclusions if your Insignia TV remote doesn’t work.
- A simple dirt buildup on your sensor can cause a poor signal or stop it from working altogether. Keep reading to know the best ways to deal with such situations.
Power Cycle Your Insignia TV
Power cycle your entire TV is a smart way to catch the problem.
It will enable your Insignia TV to start up fresh on boot up. It will also resolve any power outages that might be preventing your TV’s signal from reaching you.
Follow the steps:
- Disconnect the TV’s power cord from the socket.
- Next, hold the power key for approximately 1 minute.
- Release the power key and connect the power cord to the socket.
- Warning: These steps will help you avoid power surges and unwanted power outages that could damage your TV.
Insignia TVs that were previously plugged into power strips after power reset plugged it directly into the socket. This could indicate that the power strip is malfunctioning.
Check if your Insignia TV is working again. You can try the subsequent method if the problem persists.
Clean Your Insignia TV Sensor
- Keep your TV sensors clean to receive uninterrupted signals regularly.
- We recommended you to keep your TV clean and remove debris from around the Insignia TV Sensor. It will ensure that your remote receives a fresh signal.
- I recommend you to regularly clean your TV at least every 2 weeks. This will prevent any unpleasant situations, such as the insignia remote sensor not working.
- If the problem persists after cleaning your Insignia TV sensor, you can try our next method.
Clear Line of Sight
- Users have reported that objects placed in front of your Insignia TV’s sensor could interrupt the signal.
- You ensure that there are no obstructions in the route from your remote to Insignia TV.
- Do not place the Television inside fridges and wardrobes. This could block some signals.
- If the Insignia TV is near the ceiling, you can try lowering it to the ground and seeing if the remote control for the smart TV still doesn’t work.
- We are sorry to tell you that you may have a hardware problem if you’ve made it this far. This isn’t easy to fix at home.
- However, if you need to, you can take apart the remote and attempt to locate the problem. If not, it is possible to buy a new remote.
We hope you can now efficiently resolve the Insignia smart television remote not working issue. You are well-respected when it comes to solving this simple problem.
This is a common problem that frustrates Insignia’s smart TV community. There are many ways to address it.
More From Digital Dopes: