Windows 10 users can upgrade to Windows 11 for free. Many users are hesitant to jump at such a great deal, mostly because of the ridiculous system requirements for Windows 11.
There are are many requirements for installing Windows 11 and we have a dedicated article on How to Bypass Windows 11 Installation Requirements – Latest Methods and if your computer meets the minimum requirements, you must read the complete guide on How to install Windows 11 from a USB Flash Drive without any steps skipped.
We will show you how to bypass system checks before installing Windows 11.
What happens when you have Unsupported Hardware?
Windows 11 isn’t as generous as Windows 10. It means that your system must be much more powerful to run Windows 11. It requires TPM 2.0, Intel 8th-generation or Ryzen 3000 CPUs and higher, and an SSD. Although the minimum system requirements were reduced since launch, this does not mean that you will not use all Windows 11 features.
The installer will not install Windows 11 OS if your system does not meet one requirement. There is no path to go back to the previous stage.
Install Windows 11 On Unsupported Hardware By Removing Appraiserres.dll
You must delete the file that initiates the system check to ensure that it is not performed. It is known as “appraiserres.dll.” It is best to do this during setup.
- To download Windows 11 ISO file, first, click on this link.
- After that, click on the drop-down menu and select Windows 11 (multi-edition ISO).
- Then, click on the “Download” button.
- Now, choose the language you wish to download the ISO file.
- Click on confirm to start the download.
- Double-click on the Windows 11 ISO file to mount it.
- Double-click on the setup.exe file to run Windows 11 ISO file.
- After that, click on the Change how Setup downloads updates link.
- Choose Not right now on the next page.
- Warning: Do not click the Next button to proceed.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to:
- Scroll down to the appraiserres.dll file and press the delete button.
- You will need to click on “Continue.” to proceed with the deletion.
- After this, go back to the installer window and hit the Next button.
- The installer will bypass the verification process and direct you to license and validation. To begin, click on “Accept.”
- To install Windows 11, follow the prompts on your screen.
We have found that deleting the DLL files during setup is the easiest method. If you don’t have supported hardware, this method may work for you.
More from Digital Dopes: