Sometimes, you may need to disable HP Laptop touchpad on Windows 11 because of the desire to connect a mouse. The precision of work and full control of it is about impossible with a touchpad. So if you require the same, you will look for the mouse instead of a touchpad. So it is very important to have an external mouse to enhance the productive work rate. Sometimes when you use a pointing device, you notice some unwanted movements of the cursor, and to avoid such disturbing movement of the cursor, you will have to disable the HP touchpad.
HP Laptop comprises Synaptic touchpads drivers, which allow you to enable or disable whenever you want. HP laptop provides you the access to configure and customize the trackpads. We are here with the complete guide to disable the touchpad on the HP laptop.
How to disable HP Laptop Touchpad
HP laptop comes with a secret/hidden button that allows you to enable or disable the touchpad immediately.
To disable the trackpad, double click on the tiny white indicator at the top left corner. Suppose the indicator is not visible; touch and hold your finger for a minimum of five seconds on the top left corner of your HP. It will allow you to disable the HP touchpad immediately. And to ensure you, the system will turn a light on with a symbol displaying on your screen.
To enable the touchpad again, do the same process that you performed before to disable the trackpad. Now the light will quench with the below-mentioned image.
Using settings app in Windows 11
- Go to the start menu and click on settings.
- Click on Devices.
- On the left side of the screen, select the mouse option and move to the right side of the screen.
- Tap on additional mouse options.
- Here are the full mouse properties displaying on your screen. under the touchpad, click on disable.
- Tap on the apply button and then Ok.
By Uninstall the Touchpad driver
- On your keyboard, press the win key + R button to open the run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
- Navigate to the device manager window, double click on mice and other pointing devices.
- From the list, right-click on Synaptics SMBus Touchpad and choose to uninstall devices.
- Tap on the checkbox delete the driver software for this device and then tap on uninstall option.
- If you want to have it again, visits the manufacturer’s websites.
More from Digital Dopes: