Hey, so your phone won’t let you use your inbuilt Wi-Fi hotspot for some reason, or let’s assume that it isn’t there, so what do you do. Well, you can’t leave your Netflix and chill session just for a stupid Wi-Fi network problem.
Well, let me tell you that after reading this short yet informative article, you would find a perfect resource for your tethering needs.
All these apps are very intuitive to use, so we are not going to bore you with all the details and this is just going to be a brief review of these apps and what features they do or do not provide you with.
This App lets you connect to any other android device and use the Wi-Fi hotspot. Or through Bluetooth, this App is extremely useful if you need a reliable tethering connection. This App also helps you send your GPS location to other android devices and works with devices that do not have built-in GPS.
Pros of GPS tether
- Very intuitive and easy to use with either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- NME is sharing to any non-android device via Wi-Fi using TCP that is a GPS gate for windows.
- It can connect up to 15 clients with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- This uses very low memory on your phone.
- It also detects when sharing is enabled and auto connects if it is.
Cons of GPS tether
- This App works only on rooted devices.
- This App should be installed on both the sharing devices to work.
PDA net +
PDA plus is also a top-rated app that lets you share Internet your smartphone internet with tablets, computers and android phones. Its new version also supports sharing your Internet with Mac, iPads and iPhones and this App and this App now comes with a Wi-Fi direct mode that works on all android phones 4.1. Later this feature allows you to connect your computer and tablets to your portable Wi-Fi or tethering even faster.
Pros of PDA net +
- This App also has a USB mode through which you can either via USB
- If the direct Wi-Fi method doesn’t work on your phone for some reason, you can always try its Bluetooth mode which is also a very great feature provided by this App.
Cons of PDA net +
- The free version of this App has time-limited usage.
- To unlock the full potential of this App, you might have to root your device.
With this App, you can enable Wi-Fi hotspot or Wi-Fi tethering and/or Bluetooth. This App lets you enable the embedded portable Wi-Fi hotspot on Bluetooth very easily and quickly. This is a shortcut tool and we have seen this App save more steps than traditional operations.
Pros of Wi-Fi tethering
- You can launch this App through the notification bar.
- You can enter the Wi-Fi tethering screen or the IAPIP feature of this App with just a click.
- This App had the least amount of bad reviews on the play store and we too didn’t find any noticeable problems with this App and our experience was terrific.
This App lets you share your Internet to all/any devices that can make use of it and can also extend your Wi-Fi connection as a Wi-Fi repeater, which in this category seems a rare thing.
Pros of Net share – no – route-Tethering App
- And again we would like to mention just how great this App works as a Wi-Fi repeater.
- This App requires no tethering plan or tethering years.
- Net share App also bypasses hotspot block.
- This App makes your Tethering connection wholly hidden and undetectable when you wanted to be.
- This App also uses C libraries to make your Wi-Fi tethering faster.
Cons of Net share – no – route-Tethering App
- This App doesn’t work below android six, but you shouldn’t consider this a con because nowadays, mostly none of the devices that you use have the android version below nine
This App is also one of the better-looking apps in this category. It has the best UI UX design with a very intuitive and easy to use interface while providing a sufficient amount of usability with your tethering needs. And we would also like to mention that this App is perfect for office workers and pro users as this has many features that have been discussed below.
Pros of TP-Link tether
- This App provides the easiest way to access and manage your routers and range extender is with your mobile device.
- It has the best user interface in all of the apps mentioned above.
- This App has a parental control function with URL-based internet access management
- This App also helps you to set up your SSID and password while using your Wi-Fi tethering.
Cons of TP-Link tether
- This App has a very hefty subscription fee as it is a professional level app.
Security tether WiFi
This App lets you share your Internet connection over Wi-Fi without any tendering plan. Security tether WiFi App enables you to connect to your mobile android tablet or your computer and provides a full internet connection. This App works with all types of connections, whether it be 4G, 3G, LTE, WiMAX, etc.
Pros of Security tether WiFi
- This App has the best built-in firewall that prevents hackers and other malicious people from doing their work.
- It also helps you monitor all incoming and outgoing internet connections to detect spyware.
- This App works on all software types, whether it be Windows, macOS, Linux or Android.
Cons of Security tether WiFi
- For some users, this App might stop working after a few minutes and crash, the solution to this would be to re-install this App and the problem will go away.
Easy Tether Lite
Easy tether light is also a great app to share your connection with Windows macOS Linux PCs and android tablets without any root tether fees. It also supports carrier independent tendering with your android phone.
Pros of Easy Tether Lit
- This App supports USB tethering with the widest range of devices you can imagine, from FreeBSD computers LEDE-based routers and even open WRT.
- This App also supports Bluetooth tethering for any Number of devices you can think of.
Cons of Easy Tether Lit
- For some users, this App might give out a problem related to ABD protocols and this can be solved again by re-installing the App.
Mobile hotspot router
This App is also a beneficial one for making your portable Wi-Fi router and free hotspot router, this App also facilitates your mobile data sharing with either 3G or 4G networks using Wi-Fi tethering.
Pros of Mobile hotspot router
- This App is the easiest to configure and use when inputting your SSID and password and creating a new Portable Wi-Fi tethering
Cons of Mobile hotspot router
- Many users complained about endless ads that start to pop up after a few seconds of use.
Fox F I
This App turns your phone into a mobile hotspot and that too even without routing or any tendering. This App is relatively new on the play store and has gotten many good reviews, And also supports many of the old Wi-Fi model phones and devices that have been proved to be obsolete after the arrival of WiFi6.
Pros of Fox F I App
- This App also supports Wi-Fi direct feature, which helps when you have an unlimited data plan.
- Fox F I App is supported by a vast variety of operating systems.
- This App also doesn’t need to be downloaded on both devices.
Cons of Fox F I App
- Many users who have paid for the full version haven’t found any upgrades in the quality of the tethering speeds and sometimes cannot even connect to the network. We haven’t found any valid solution to this problem for this App.
Auto USB tethering
This App is slightly different from all the apps above as this uses only USB teetering to share your network connection to other devices.
Pros of Auto USB tethering
- Automatically starts tapering when you plug your phone into your computer.
- It also has the option for non-Road users to open up the tethering menu.
Cons of Auto USB tethering
- This App works efficiently only when there is root access to the device, as it is required to enable tethering without a prompt.
- Thank you for reading till the end of the article and may the gods of networks always be with you, have a nice day.